Worth County Historical Society

 

 

 

office (641) 324-1180

Main Museum  << back to WCHS sites <<

The museum was built in 1879 as the Worth County Courthouse. When a new courthouse was built in 1892, the building was used as a high school for more than 20 years and later as a public library, with the upstairs as a youth center.he Worth County Historical Society was granted the use of the building and opened it as a museum on July 4, 1973. Special displays and demonstrations significant to local history are featured on the main floor, and on the second floor are dioramas reminiscent of the late 1800s. Included are a parlor, dining room, bedroom, kitchen, nursery and summer kitchen. Also displayed are clothes of the period, quilts and other memorabiliahe Italianate-style building housing

 

Open:  Sundays, 2 to 4 p.m. first Sunday in June through the last Sunday in August or by appointment.
   Exceptions:
      June 16th Closed for County Fair
   To schedule a visit call: Lois (641) 324-1722


Location: Junction of Central Ave (Hwy. 105) and 10th St. (Hwy. 65) in Northwood

WCHS Main Museum

.

WCHS Main Museum 2